ArcelorMittal at BAU 2015: showcasing proximity and sustainability in steel for construction
ArcelorMittal will participate to BAU 2015, from 19 to 24 January in Munich. Our teams will be present on the stand of bauforumstahl e.V., number 318 located in hall B2, with an outstanding product and service offering for the German and European markets.
Present in Germany with four production sites for flat and long products and one site for state-of-the-art steel construction solutions, ArcelorMittal has a tailor-made offer, which does not only include a wide and high quality product offer, but also a specific logistical concept in order to fully meet the needs of its customers.
“We have developed this network to offer short lead times, logistical concepts, international availability and reliability in supply”, says Peter Schirmann, Chief Marketing Officer at ArcelorMittal Construction in Germany. Sustainable steel solutions for buildings Visitors will have the opportunity to touch and feel samples of top of the range steel solutions for buildings:
• Organic coated flat steels for facades such as the new Granite® Silky Mat and Granite® Impression finishes,free of hexavalent chromium and heavy metals. ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products just recently received the first ECCA® premium certificate from the European Coil Coating Association for its outdoor pre-painted products.
• A new generation of ONDATHERM and PFLAUM sandwich panels, including polyurethane (PIR) and mineral wool, offering freedom of design while respecting the most demanding thermal and fire protection regulations, like REI 120 and FM approval.
• A new integrated beam for large spans (Composite Slim-Floor beam, CoSFB). This innovative beam consists of a standard hot rolled section and a welded-on steel plate to support the floor elements. Thanks to the use of innovative CoSFB concrete dowel connectors, steel and in-situ concrete are used in a most efficient way, resulting in very economic and sustainable structures with a minimum overall construction height.
• The Cofraplus® 220 floor system which combined with the CoSFB, creates an even more lightweight, cost-effective and resource-saving solution which can be precisely adapted to specified loads with spans up to 9 m.
• The aesthetic Angelina® beam, a lighter answer to architects and engineers needs for multi-storey buildings.• Beside a full range of light weight roofing, decking and cladding profiles, an outstanding range of architectural design profiles for facades in various shapes, colours and coatings with anti graffiti and self cleaning effect, as Flontec®and Hairclyn®.
• Economic and robust bridge solutions: advanced bridge solutions based on hot-rolled profiles, as well as bridge fabrication services up to the delivery of ready-to-install bridge elements to the construction site. Composite bridges based on profiles are very efficient as they are flexible in design, economic in construction, robust in service and sustainable over their life-cycle.
Thought leadership in sustainable steel building solutions
At the bauforumstahl e.V. booth, visitors will have the opportunity to meet and listen to ArcelorMittal experts for steel construction:
• Christoph Radermacher, Product Manager, will speak about facades cladded with steel that produce energy
• Matthias Braun, Senior Engineer, will present sustainable and economic construction solutions with composite slim floor beams.
BAU is a leading trade fair for architecture, materials and systems for construction. BAU takes place every 2 years at Munich Exhibition Fair ground. The fair showcases architecture, materials and systems for industrial, commercial and residential construction and for interior work. The range is divided according to building material, product and theme areas – key themes for the future such as sustainable buildings play an important role in all sections of the exhibition. With over 2,000 exhibitors from 46 countries BAU occupies the entire exhibition site of Munich´s fairground, filling all 17 halls and 4 entrance areas – in total 180000 m² of gross exhibition space.
About bauforumstahl e. V.
Bauforumstahl (bfs) promotes steel in construction. It is a forum about architecture, resource-efficient and economical planning and building as well as standardisation. Bauforumstahl represents approx. 500 members along the entire process chain:steel manufacturers, steel traders, steel fabricators, suppliers, galvanising plants, raw material suppliers and manufacturers of fire protective coatings, planning offices and scientists. The organization provides independent advice and knowledge transfer and is an open platform for a wide variety of activities.