- Around 20 employees
- Created in 1927
- 2001: creation of Sotel Réseau & Cie
- Annual electricity volumes delivery to Luxembourg: 1,5 TWh (billions of KWh)
- Consumers: ArcelorMittal (95%), CFL, Cimalux & Paul Wurth SA
Sotel ensures electricity transmission and specialized management services related to energy procurement of ArcelorMittal steel plants.
The company Sotel SC (Société de Transport d’Energie Electrique du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg) has been founded as a cooperative company. It has several associates: ArcelorMittal subsidiaries (96%), the engineering and construction company Paul Wurth S.A. (2%) and the Belgian energy supplier Electrabel (2%).
Its main missions are the technical and management support of the entity ArcelorMittal Energy SCA - integrating for example the management of energy supply contracts (gas and electricity) or the development, maintenance and operation of hard- and software tools representing a centralized European platform.
Sotel Réseau & Cie
The company Sotel Réseau & Cie secs has been founded in November 2001 to meet the requirements of the law of 24 July 2000 on the new organization of the electricity market and separate grid and management activities of an official ministerial authorization. Its associates are ArcelorMittal Belval & Differdange and Sotel S.C. Main missions:
- operation and maintenance of an industrial (high voltage) grid, to ensure mainly reliable electricity transport and distribution to major steel plants in Luxembourg
- technical management of high voltage projects including: engineering, subcontracting, maintenance and repair works, coordination and planning of outages
- 24h/7d grid dispatching and supervision (loads and infrastructures)