The administration of our business unit ArcelorMittal Europe - Long Products is based at the ArcelorMittal Office Building in Esch-sur-Alzette. This comprises all functions from Human Resources and Real Estate to Marketing, Purchasing and Sales.
- More than 350 employees
- 15,712 m2
- 10 departments
Global R&D Centre Esch
- More than 40 engineers and technicians
- Key R&D facilities: numerical simulation, reduced scale Pb rolling mill, metallography, electronic workshop, external collaboration
AOB is also a centre specialised in the research and development of heavy long products (sheet piles & beams).
The Global R&D Centre Esch helps to develop the steel market in construction (fire engineering, earthquake resistance, corrosion protection…) and implements developments with internal customers in the plants or markets. Internal and external benchmarking is also an important related task.
- Develop and implement advanced tools (measurement equipment and models) for intelligent production
- Develop new applications for steel, new products and technical solutions for construction for an easy use of steel, in an economic and sustainable way
- Develop user-friendly software for pre-design to allow engineering offices and architects for an easier use of steel
- Develop and influence international codes
- Disseminate knowledge by application to real buildings (15 to 20 / year) through partnerships with engineering offices and architects
Products & services
- Steelmaking & rolling mill process
- Piling products (dealing with market & product development of sheet piles)
- Structural products (dealing with market & product development of beams)
ArcelorMittal Esch-sur-Alzette R&D Centre
66, rue du Luxembourg
T: +352 5313-1